Product Information Return Policy & Size Chart
Current Turnaround Time-Frame
- Due to the custom nature of our designs (we do not stock pre-made dresses); ALL SALES ARE FINAL, and NON-REFUNDABLE; this includes with or without custom measurements.
- So Sweet Girl Boutique will not be held responsible for customer sizing errors.
- Standard and advance orders may be cancelled within 24 hours of order placement and payment. Please submit your request in writing via our contact page.
- RUSH orders may not be cancelled once placed, and no credit will be issued for any payments made. No exceptions. Once payment has been made, we immediately reserve or begin production time, and/or fabrics, materials are ordered.
Due to the handmade nature of our designs, there may be a slight variation in each one. Every effort will be made to match each piece as closely as possible. Occasionally the exact embellishments shown are not available due to seasonal availability. By agreeing to purchase, you are stating that you understand this policy. Thank you for understanding.
The images on our website depict the most accurate color possible. Due to different computer monitor settings, the product you receive may be slightly different in color. Sizes are approximate and may vary slightly.
How long will it take for me to receive my order?
Every order is custom-created to your specifications and handmade just for you! As a result, turnaround times do vary depending on the season (wedding, Holiday seasons); typically, our designs ship in 3-4 weeks.
Once your order is shipped, it usually takes 3-6 additional business days to arrive if you are in the USA. The delivery time-frame on International orders will vary.
If you have any questions about the item that you are interested in, or need your order by a specific date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE placing your order.
Not all designs can be rushed. Occasionally fabrics or embellishments are not available due to seasonal availability. If this occurs, we will notify you right away.
Rush order purchases are applied on a per item basis, not for all the items in your cart. Rush orders will be shipped within 10 business days (plus shipping).
Materials & Fabrics
All of our designs are meticulously handmade here in the USA using only luxurious, top quality fabrics, flowers, feathers, ribbons and embellishments.
Due to the handmade nature of our designs, seasonal availability of fabrics, flowers and embellishments there may be a slight variation in each one. Every effort will be made to match each piece as closely as possible. We know you will be pleased with our products!
Caution: Some of our items contain small parts, if removed, could prove a chocking hazard. Apparel made with feathers may cause skin irritation.
Professional dry cleaning is strongly recommended for all our garments. We cannot be held responsible for any damages due to improper care after receipt.
Care and Cleaning of Feathers and Feather Dresses:
Feathers and feather boas are a natural item, and some care and attention is required to look after them. Proper maintenance of your feathers will keep them looking beautiful, and the information on this page will help you care for your feathers and your feather dresses. Our feathers and feather dresses are clean, properly treated, and are ready for you to use as soon as you receive them.
How to Wash Ostrich and Peacock Feathers and Feather Dresses:
Washing should be done in warm soapy water if needed. We use a liquid dish soap like joy or dawn. If you ever have to wash your feathers, dry them naturally, never dry with direct heat such as putting them on a radiator or in the oven! Once dry, steam them to make them nice and full again.
Washing Dyed Feathers:
Feather dyes ARE NOT COLOR FAST. Do not mix colors if you wash them. Colors may run if wet.
How to Re-Fluff Ostrich and Peacock Feathers and Feather Boas:
Feathers and boas naturally dry out over a period of time and lose both their fluffiness and fullness. To restore your feathers and boas back to their original soft and fluffy look, we recommend that you agitate and steam them. This is always a good place to start in order to make them look more attractive.
First, rub the feathers or boas between your hands, gently but firmly. This brings out the feather flu and makes the individual strands fluffier. You can do this with boas as well. The next step is to steam the feathers. (A store bought steamer, or 15 minutes hanging in the bathroom with the hot water running will do). Agitating and steaming the feathers will put moisture back into them, expanding their appearance. This is especially true for peacock and ostrich feathers. Once the feather has opened up, stop. More steaming has little or no effect.
If using a steamer:
- Shake any dust or excess feathers from your feather boa. Place the boa on a hook or hanger and examine it. Use your fingers to gently tease apart any clumping areas. Look for broken or hairless feathers and remove them as you go.
- Hold the steamer in an upright position so that condensation flows back inside.
- Run the steam cleaner up and down the feathers. Pay attention to any areas where the feathers look particularly crushed or bunched. Run the steam cleaner over each side until the boa's feathers are nice and fluffy.
How to Measure
Measure over undergarments, keeping measuring tape level and not pulling it tightly.
- Sizing for our special occasion dresses are true to size - USA sizes.
- Relax arms at sides.
- Bring tape around the fullest part of the bust, and under each arm.
- Measure at the natural waist; smallest part of the waist, usually 1-2 inches above the belly button.
- Keep tape slightly loose to allow for breathing room.
- Stand straight with feet together.
- Measure from the center of the collarbone (hollow) to the floor.
- Note: Depending on the style of the dress, we may ask for different length measurements.
- Note: Some of our dresses are made tea length. Tea length is from the shoulder down to mid-calf; between the knee and ankle. Please keep in mind, some dresses are a longer or a shorter tea length, depending on the style of the dress.